LoRa Remote Power Switch firmware download page
RFI Engineering's products are run by firmware. Having the latest firmware can improve performance and or reliability of your product. RFI Engineering recommends applying new firmware to enhance the performance and or reliability of your LoRa Remote Power Switch.
Latest version: 1.80 released 20 November 2020
Version 1.80 adds the possibility to set a toggle countdown timer by sending a LoRaWAN message. After xx minutes the relay toggles off/on, dependent on the configuration.
The reporting interval, that is how often the position of the relay is reported, is adjustable between 30 and 3600 seconds. In the default setting the RPSW sends a LoRaWAN message every 30 seconds. This setting can now be remotely configured by sending a LoRaWAN message.
The following message types are added:
- Message type: 11 (close relay and start toggle countdown)
- Message type: 10 (open relay and start toggle countdown)
- Message type: 0F (set reporting interval)
See chapter 6 and 7 of the updated manual.
Version: 1.72 released 10 November 2020
- Version 1.72 adds the possibility to restore the LoRa Remote Power Switch to factory default settings in case of a lost password. On the password prompt you can enter __resetfactory__ as password. In that case the unit will be reset to its factory default settings.
Example of a successful factory reset as monitored from the internal serial port:
Version: 1.71 released 1 September 2020
- Version 1.71 fixes an OTAA re-join bug:
After sending 32768 packets, the LoRa Remote Power Switch issues an OTAA Join request and resets the packet counters when the OTAA join reply is received. However, when the LoRAWAN packet logging function is switched OFF the received NwkSKey and the AppSKey are not correctly saved to the EEPROM of the LoRa Remote Power Switch. This causes the LoRa Remote Power Switch to lose connection to the LoRaWAN server.
- Workaround for software versions 1.60 and 1.70:
Switching the LoRaWAN packet logging to ON will prevent this from happening in software versions 1.60 and 1.70.
Download the manual and turn to chapter 7 to see how to perform a software update.
Version: 1.70 released 8 January 2020
- Added multi region support. Available regions are now Europe (EU868) and India (IN865)
Version: 1.60 released 11 October 2019
- Added an option to set the LoRa Sync Word
- You can now set the LoRa Sync word to public with the command set sync 0x34
- You can now set the LoRa Sync word to private with the command set sync 0x12
Version: 1.50 released August 2019
- Adaptive Data Rate (ADR) enabled.
- Test mode implemented.
- Hardware Watchdog Enabled.
- Added a configurable frequency offset option.
- Bugfixes: corrected the handling of 'confirmed downlinks'. Now sending ACK.
In June RFI Engineering released the Early Bird Version of the Remote Power Switch
Version: 1.31 (Early Bird) released June 2019 for the European market