S-gateway - indoor LoRa gateway
The S-gateway is a Picocell, indoor LoRa gateway for enterprise and lightweight industrial applications that require Always On connectivity for Internet of Things (IoT) applications. It is very low cost and it is very easy to setup making it ideal for zero-touch high volume deployments.
LoRa RF technology has been pioneered by Semtech and is a 2-way wireless solution, operating in the license exempt ISM bands, that complements M2M cellular infrastructure. LoRa provides a low-cost way to connect battery operated and mobile devices to the network infrastructure.
The function of the S-gateway is to forward received LoRa RF packets to an external server through a IP/UDP link. It also transmits LoRa RF packets that are sent by the external server. The S-gateway is standard equipped with one LoRa transceiver (8 channels) and a uBlox MAX-M8W GPS receiver for advance timekeeping; enabling class-B operation.
The S-gateway comes standard with RFI Linux (4.9.40) and LoRa packet forwarder 4.0.1. pre-installed on the micro SD card. Advanced users can easily replace the pre-installed image their own version(s) of the open source software.
- LoRa 868MHz (Europe) long range operation, up to 15 km range in line-of-sight and < 2 km in urban environment
- 8 channel design, based on SX1308 and 2x SX1257 chipset
- Microchip AT91SAM9G25 MPU (ARM9@400Mhz)
- DDR2 RAM 128 MB @ 16 bit
- MicroSD holder push-pull type, with 16GB micro SD card included
- Powered by 5V DC, power supply included
- 10/100Mbps Ethernet interface
- 1 full-speed USB host connector
- Onboard GPS uBlox Max8W receiver allowing for GPS time-sync for class-B operation
- Command line interface and Web interface for local & remote configuration
- Remote configurable and remote software upgrades
- Black, flame retardant ABS plastic enclosure
- 2 Year Warranty